I think my favorite cuisine to cook is Asian, I think my husband gets sick of it, but it tastes so good (and it’s so much fun to garnish with sesame seeds!)
Sweet Fire Chicken
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into chunks
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 16oz can pineapple chunks, drained
- 3 packages ramen noodles
- 3/4 cup Thai sweet chili sauce Panda Express brand works great!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chopped cashews optional, only if you want to splash out!
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet
- Beat eggs in a flat bowl and then dip chicken in eggs, then toss in flour till well-coated
- Carefully drop chicken in skillet and cook till done, about 4-5 minutes on each side
- Set chicken pieces aside on a paper towel-lined plate to absorb oil, and drain excess oil from skillet. Leave the scrapings from the chicken however!
- Then toss the chicken back in the pan, drain and add pineapple. Pour sweet chili sauce over chicken and pineapple and toss until sauce is warm and thickened and covers chicken and pineapple.
- I like to serve this over ramen, to cut the salt in the ramen, I use about one seasoning packet per every 3 packs of noodles.
You can garnish with sesame seeds, bok choy or any green leaf. I usually don’t bother with garnishes because I’m so psyched to eat this dish!