Not all of us are that lucky to have the opportunity to visit beauty salons whenever we feel like it. Nonetheless, we can still pleasure ourselves at the comfort of our homes, provided we know how to do it.
Having a spa day at home might seem like a peculiar idea, but many people have already done it with great success. You can join this group and reap the benefits it provides. Combining your bath and mask time, lighting a candle next to your bath, or massaging your scalp are only a few examples of the methods you may try. If you are interested in learning more about this and some other home spa treatments you can use, read on.
There are plenty of masks you can use at home, some of them even being quite simple to make. Most of the ingredients can be found in your kitchen, and homemade masks are much cheaper than those from the store.
Here are some examples of home spa treatments that involve masks:
• Mix together equal amounts of yogurt and honey. Apply the mixture on your face and let it sit for 15-20 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water and pat dry with a towel. This will help you get rid of clogged pores and make your skin soft and smooth.
• Mix together 1 tbsp. of honey and 1 tbsp. of lemon juice. Massage this mixture into your hair and scalp, and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Then, wash out with water and shampoo as usual. This mask will help you get rid of dandruff and itchy scalp.
• You can also try mixing egg yolk, avocado pulp, olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt, and water in equal proportions. Apply this mask on your face and neck with the help of a brush or a sponge. Let it sit for 15-20 minutes before rinsing it off with water. This mask will tighten the skin and improve its elasticity. It will also leave your skin feeling soft and looking radiant.
You will be able to enhance the beauty of your skin and hair. This means that the next time you decide to trim hair with your best shears, you will notice that your locks become shinier and smoother.
Aromatherapy baths are becoming more and more popular these days. If you are looking for a way to relax after a hard day at work, a bath is what you need. There are many methods to prepare your bath, but this one seems to be the most popular. You will need:
• a glass or any other container
• 2 cups of Epsom salt
• 2 tbsp. of your favorite essential oil (lavender, rosemary, etc.)
• one cup of milk
• one cup of chamomile tea
Pour everything in a glass or any other container and mix them with your fingers. Then, pour the mixture into your bathtub and enjoy the water.
A massage is a wonderful way to relax your body and soul. You can use your favorite oil when doing this, but you should make sure that it is made of natural ingredients. Here are some examples of home spa treatments that involve massage:
- Mix together 3 tbsp. each of argan oil and jojoba oil, as well as 10 drops of your favorite essential oil. Massage yourself with this mixture, starting from your feet and going up. You may also add 1 tbsp. of honey if you wish. This will help you improve skin elasticity and leave it looking radiant.
- Massage your scalp with a mixture of olive oil, rosemary oil, peppermint oil, and 20 drops of your favorite essential oil. This will stimulate blood circulation and provide you with a feeling of well-being.
- Mix 2 tbsp. each of coconut oil and olive oil, as well as 10 drops of any essential oil you like. Apply it to your skin and massage it afterward. This will make your skin feel soft and smooth.
Make sure you follow these home spa treatments every once in a while to keep your skin healthy and refreshed.
Before you start your spa day with the abovementioned tips, there are a couple of things you might want to do. First, you can turn off all of the electronics in your house. The presence of them will only distract you and take away from the pleasure of enjoying your spa moment. Second, use towels or a warm blanket to lay down on the floor next to your tub. Pay attention to your lights, too, because you want them to be dim so you can get into a relaxed state of mind.
Once your environment is prepared, now you can move on to preparing yourself. Make sure that you are relaxed and in a good mood, and looking forward to this day as well. A positive mindset will help you enjoy your home spa to the fullest.