My husband is quite the Anglophile (or Irish-phile, if there is such a thing), he loves fish and chips, puddings, corned beef and cabbage, and Shepherd’s Pie. I know there are a million ways to make nicer Shepherd’s Pies, but I love me a crock pot, and this one is super simple to put together and it still has that nice flavor and consistency.
Crock Pot Shepherd’s Pie
- Crock Pot
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 21 oz. Cream of Celery soup
- 14 oz. canned green beans (drained)
- 1 bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 6 cups mashed potatoes Because I'm lazy I use instant, cook according to package instructions
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- Brown ground beef in skillet, drain off excess fat. I like to cook my ground beef with some seasoning, like steak seasoning or Worcestershire, just to give it some extra flavor.
- Add cooked ground beef to greased crock pot.
- Add vegetables, tomato paste and canned soup to pot, mix together.
- Top with the mashed potatoes, use a spoon to spread potatoes evenly over meat mixture.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over the potatoes
- Let cook 3 hours on high or 6 on low, at the end you can take the lid off the crock pot for 30 minutes or so to reduce moisture around edges