This is a hearty dish with winter flavors, I would never even make it in summer, the Muenster cheese gives it flavor, and you can never have too much cheese!
- 6 chicken breasts, chopped into 1 1/2" cubes
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, fresh
- 1 pkg sliced Muenster cheese
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Heat 2 tbsp. vegetable oil in skillet
- Mix bread crumbs and flour mixture together in a shallow bowl
- Toss chicken to coat
- Brown chicken pieces in skillet till done
- Place cooked chicken in a shallow Pyrex baking dish, lightly greased
- Cover with mushrooms and chicken broth
- Evenly place Muenster slices over chicken
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes
This is a delicious and easy recipe that makes a great side dish for a lot of my chicken recipes
Cream of Mushroom Wild Rice
- 1 10 1/2 oz. can Cream of Mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 box Uncle Ben's Long Grain and Wild Rice
- 4 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat soup and broth in a 2 quart saucepan over medium high heat to a boil
- Stir in rice and cheese, leaving one tbsp. cheese for topping.
- Cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.