I love Indian food but it’s not something I generally try at home, however, this is a simple and easy buttery curry chicken dish that has great curry flavor and smell, but is quick and uncomplicated to make.
Buttery Curry Chicken
- 6 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 cup shredded coconut optional
- I like to fry my chicken just a bit before cooking, so you can skip this step if you don't want it a bit crispy. If you do, dip chicken chunks in beaten egg, dredge in flour and saute in skillet in vegetable or olive oil till light and crispy, turn heat down to low.
- Mix together melted butter, honey, mustard and seasonings in a bowl
- Pour mixture into skillet with chicken, toss on low heat till coated
- Arrange chicken and sauce in shallow greased baking dish and bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes.
I love to serve this dish with a side of rich saffron rice (I’m partial to Mahatma brand) and a green or fruit salad!